Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 14:05:17 +0100
From: Albert Veli <albert.veli@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Apple M1 CPU

Hi,

Has anybody tried to compile JtR on the new Apple M1 Arm CPU:s? Did it
work and how is the benchmark compared to similar Intel CPU:s? I have
seen reports of OpenCL working with Big Sur and M1, but does it work
with John?

If I am correctly informed the latest Mac mini, MacBook Air and
MacBook Pro 13-inch have M1 chips. I don't have access to one of those
yet so I can't try myself.

Cheers!

Albert