Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 17:20:03 +0100
From: MichaƂ Majchrowicz <sectroyer@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Enabling OpenCL on Intel Haswell Integrated GPU

This is not strictly john related but since the procedure isn't well
documented anywhere and might be useful to some john users I will
leave it here for future reference if anybody needs it:
https://github.com/sectroyer/intel_opencl_haswell
>From quick tests I can say that enabling this gpu speeds up (on this
machine) descrypt mask attack by 20% and md5crypt dictionary attack by
around 30% so it's not that enabling OpenCL on it is completely
pointless. Tough of course in comparison with other hardware it's
performance is poor. I use it just to have bigger diversity among
nodes.
Regards.