Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 21:14:10 +0100 From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com Subject: Re: Multi-gpu setup On 2021-03-10 20:25, Michał Majchrowicz wrote: >> As a cleaner workaround, you can run separate instances with "--node": >> >> ./john -se=1 -dev=1 -node=1-2/3 -format=something-opencl hash >> >> and concurrently: >> >> ./john -se=2 -dev=2 -node=3/3 -format=something-opencl hash > > This looks interesting. I already switched to separate dictionaries > for every gpu on each node for now. Tough with your syntax I noticed > you do NOT use --fork so does that mean with -se it will not require > -node=1-15/28 to run 15 forks for single gpu ? :) -se is short-cut for --session, the two jobs are started in eg. separate terminals. > In my case it wouldn't be so easy as the difference between those two > gpus was something around 13 to 15 You can get more granularity: Split the job in many more "nodes" but think of them as work items. Then do something like: ./john -se=1 -dev=1 -node=1-13/28 -format=something-opencl hash ./john -se=2 -dev=2 -node=14-28/28 -format=something-opencl hash This will give session 1 46% of the job, and session 2 the remaining 54%. Note though that some of our modes will not manage to distribute the work with that great detail - we're probably asking for more granularity than we'll actually get. They shouldn't miss anything though. magnum
Powered by blists - more mailing lists
Confused about mailing lists and their use? Read about mailing lists on Wikipedia and check out these guidelines on proper formatting of your messages.