Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 23:52:25 +0100
From: Marek Wrzosek <marek.wrzosek@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Splitting mask keyspace

Hi

> I want to have a reliable and efficient way of splitting mask
> attack tasks that will be the foundation of future improvements.
> Please let me know if you have any suggestions on what can be changed
> or improved :)

You can use tools from PACK (Password Analysis and Cracking Kit) to
generate lists of masks, then distribute masks between your machines.

https://github.com/iphelix/pack

You can also use them to analyze your pot files.

The catch is - the tools are designed for hashcat, you'll need to put in
some work to use then with JtR, but it's not impossible.

Best regards,

Marek