Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 11:36:29 +0100
From: r.wiesbach@....de
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: dm2john "No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)"

I used dmg2john (exe version) on a .sparsebundle and try to get the
output to john. Both is john-1.9.0-jumbo-1-win64.

Obviously, something about the format is wrong, but I could not find
example hashes for dmg on the website. I noticed that the full path is
part of the hash - this is just an identifier, right? or do I need to
provide the entire sparsebundle to john on the cracking system?

As it might help to identify the version, the hashformat is:

FULLPATH/bands/0:$dmg2*20*HEX*32*HEX*48*HEX*....

I even tried to provide the /0 bandfiles on the cracking system and
"corrected" the two slashes to backslashes as well as all to slashes -
same output of john.