Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 18:40:23 +0100
From: Jasper Jones <jazjones9292@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cracking encrypted zip file

No luck with the original session, unfortunately. I have a few other ideas
that I'll try in the coming days.

I also tried running JtR on the dummy file I posted earlier, running
--prince mode on the hash extracted with zip2john using a short list of
groups of characters from the password. It spat out the correct password in
a few seconds, so clearly it's all working as it should despite the error
message given by zip2john.

I may be back if I end up having to dig deeper into masks etc.  Thanks very
much for your patience and help.

Jasper