Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 09:28:06 -0800
From: Royce Williams <royce@...ho.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenCl lib not detected

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 5:06 AM Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 12:13:07PM +0000, freeroute wrote:
>

> > I think the autoconf did not find the OpenCL lib.
>
> It looks so.  Per the full configure output, it looks like the OpenCL
> headers you have in /usr/include/CL are working OK.
>
> As an alternative to passing explicit LDFLAGS, you could ensure the
> library path is specified somewhere under /etc/ld.so.conf.d, and run
> "ldconfig" to ensure the paths specified in there are in effect.

If this explains why some people have this symptom and others don't ... is
this something that would normally be automatically triggered by the OpenCL
install? Or is this something that everyone should be aware of, or should
be mentioned in README-OPENCL, and/or some part of the ./configure output,
etc.? It feels as though this should be more discoverable (using a variety
of methods/channels).

Royce