Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 17:17:58 +0200
From: Albert Veli <albert.veli@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: any experience with hasheshorg2019 wordlist?

Hello, I have not used that list. But the site https://hashes.org/ had
many leaks of live hashes and I suspect the wordlist you mention is a
collection of cracked hashes from the live ones. As you can see on the
site it had a failure (hard drive?) and is currently down.

Typically if you want statistics it is better to use rockyou since it
has a big collection of all real passwords, while the hashes.org only
has cracked ones and is missing maybe 10% of the hardest passwords.
That way the statistics gets skewed and only reflect the weakest 90%
of the passwords.