Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 14:58:29 +0200
From: Albert Veli <albert.veli@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Known part of password, attempting incremental attack

Good luck!

Btw, to use some custom rules, you can insert them into john.conf, for
instance like this:

# My custom rule, pass through, uppercase, capitalize
[List.Rules:myrule]
:

Then extract the 2000 most common english words and run the rules on them,
and remove duplicates:
head -2000 google-10000-english-usa.txt > 2000.txt
john -w:2000.txt --rule:myrule --stdout | unique 2krules.txt

Then run combinator to find all combinations of two words from the
2krules.txt file and finally use that as input to john. The double wordlist
file will be about 1GB.

You will probably have to add the path to john and unique to your $PATH to
make the command lines work. Oh, and instead of : you can also use = in the
john cmdline. Both works.