Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 23:21:54 +0200
From: Albert Veli <albert.veli@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Known part of password, attempting incremental attack

> But I would create a big wordlist of all combinations of two words and use
> that as input to john and use ?w in the mask.

And apply rules to the big wordlist and remove duplicates. Removing
duplicates can be done with the unique command, from john. Creating all
combinations of two words can be done in many ways. For instance using
combinator from https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat-utils. So it would then
be something like this:

./combinator.bin words.txt words.txt | unique double.txt

To get a good wordlist, try
https://github.com/first20hours/google-10000-english if it is common
english words. 10000 is too much to double, try to extract the maybe 3000
first words and hope both your words are among those. The words are in
order with the most common first.