Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 13:30:13 -0400
From: Alexander Hunt <alexhunt308@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Known part of password, attempting incremental attack

Hello. I am very new to JtR so please bear with me. I am helping my cousin
who has locked the novel he has been working on for the past 5 years with a
password that he has since forgotten. He knows the first 5 characters and
the last 2 char. for sure. He believes there is one word (possibly two)
between the first 5 and the last 2. He believes it is a dictionary word so
I started with a Wordlist attack with a dictionary list I pulled off the
internet, and the parameters he set. That didnt work so I would like to set
up a incremental attack to determine the 5-10 characters in between the
characters he knows. Is this possible?

Thank you very much.