Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 10:46:45 -0400
From: Powen Cheng <madtomic@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Best cracking method to use?

Hi Alexander,

I will try PRINCE mode as suggested on another machine that I recently
built with better GUPs. As I am not familiar with this mode. Is there more
documentation that would better explain this mode.

Also, in the past I have always used the increment mode and I have a
machine that ran for 8 months and it still has not found the password that
I am hoping to find. I did find the other known test passwords that I set
in place to see if the JOHN was working throughout the process. Maybe
simply my temporary password that I used was simply too long, like 15-18
chars.

Now I am thinking about there has to be a better way to do this than trying
to brute force a long password. I do remember some bits of the password but
I want to see if I can use increment mode or some other mode and combine
wordlist and know chars to improve the search.

I am also using -form=tezos-opencl

Regards,
Powen