Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 10:35:13 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: usage of non-hash formats like ZIP, snmp, vtp, ssh

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 09:18:52AM +0800, ???? wrote:
> I know that john supports ZIP, snmp, vtp, ssh and other deciphers in list = formats, but I do n??t know how to use it, so I want to ask how to use the corresponding command in john, please tell me, thank you

For ZIP and SSH and many others, use the correspondingly named *2john
tools, like this:

./zip2john target.zip > hash
./john hash

or:

./ssh2john.py id_rsa > hash
./john hash

There are README-ZIP and README.ssh files in "doc" saying just that.

For VTP, use pcap2john.py.

For SNMP, use network2john.lua.

Unfortunately, these programs/scripts are inconsistent - written in
different languages, requiring different dependencies.  For VTP and
SNMP, we lack documentation.  There's room for improvement here.
Contributions to make this more consistent, with fewer dependencies,
or/and better documented are welcome.

Alexander