Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 15:32:20 +0100
From: Darren Wise <darren@...ecorp.co.uk>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Reduce CPU load. Is it possible?

Just out of Interest MA40, how much CPU power do you want? How often do you utilise?

Because as a few examples:
-You could even purchase an enterprise rack server for $100 on eBay with delivery rolled in I assume and get yourself a nice hardy dualsocket Intel hex core xeon with 16GB+ RAM, some HDD storage giving you an independent box to crack on permanently. You could even VMware ESXi/Proxmox the box and divide into seperated VMs with flexible usage options.

-Hire a VPS with electricity rolled in to the cost on a monthly charge basis.(I'd not recommend AWS or AZURE)

-You could even hire one of my quadsocket decacore xeon E7-8870 IBM machines from me directly too.

If you ever feel constrained by the hardware you utilise daily, I'd also consider investing in more or at least seeking out alternatives, always worthwhile in the long run. I've seen people with lovely $1000 buck laptops and they just hammer the cores then have gripes about how much they paid for a machine they can hardly use? The mind boggles mate.