Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 21:42:04 +0100
From: Darren Wise <darren@...ecorp.co.uk>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Reduce CPU load. Is it possible?

I actually utilise an ASRock Intel H110 Pro BTC+ board but you can now purchase boards with CPU built in these days and for fairly very little and outfit them with GPUs if needed, quite bulky mind you and you'll need to assemble a frame to support the cards nicely but it is all standard DIY.

My first had seven GTX770 GPU cards each on a PCIe single lane basis but needed more for scientific compute so 2~4U enterprise is more to my liking, cracking/hashing however they are fine for if you need other food for thought.

Windows can sometimes be a bit funny when adding all the boards at once and installing so I'd suggest installing one each time and rebooting, then adding another each time. UNIX/POSIX, Linux whatever does not seem to mind so much.