Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 14:04:29 +0200
From: Michele <micheluzzo@...entati.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Testing john

Hi

I am new to JtR, so please be patient with me.

I was testing on a sample zip file I created. I chose 'test1234' as
password.

After running zip2john and saving the hash to file (WinZip [PBKDF2-SHA1
256/256 AVX2 8x]), I tried just running john on the file, but after 1
day 18h I still have 0 guesses, which seems a bit... long! Isn't it? I'm
running on an i7 @ 1.80GHz, at about 26.000 c/s...
Also when using a wordlist that contains both 'test' and '1234' I get no
results - probably because the words in the dictionary are not combined?

Is there something I am missing or it just is how it is?

Thanks

Michele

PS: I even tried making a new version of the same zip, with the same
password, and I get a different hash...is that normal?