Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 08:37:35 -0400
From: Powen Cheng <madtomic@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Two security-related questions

I don’t think you can prevent anyone from decrypt your file. Since you are
using the still using the standard AES library and commercial compressor
archiver. The only way is write your own encryption method and using salts
with passwords and for extra measure. Salted it again and since you will be
writing this encryption program. No one will be able to decrypt your file
unless you provide the decryption program. So, In long run way. You still
cannot build a full proof system since quantum computing is coming to us in
near future. The only thing I think is full proof is biometric encryption
with a physical encryption key. Hell, throw on the password requirement
while you are at it.

Po