Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:45:24 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Trouble with displaying cracked passwords

On 2020-03-19 10:02, magnum wrote:
> On 2020-03-18 22:48, Dan Tentler wrote:
>> Trouble is, when I handed them to jtr I just put a bunch of hashes in
>> a text file, and now I need to join the cracked password to the
>> account it's from for further processing. I figured since the cracked
>> hashes would land in john,pot, i could just create a new text file
>> with email:hash and aim jtr at that thing and it would say 'oh hey a
>> bunch of hashes I already cracked', and I could do something like john
>> --show filename.txt and it would give me email:pass, but no such luck.

Re-reading your post, it *should* work to put email:orighash in there
afterwards and use -show even if the pot entries wasn't identical to the
input. If it doesn't, you may just need to add some -format=<whatever>.
Assuming your pot entries ended up as $dynamic_xx$(...) it'd be (--show
--format=dynamic_xx").

If that still doesn't work, please pot a single pot line here (eg. a
terrible one) so we can test it. There may be some bug in dynamic
format, the maintainer has been away from the pack for quite some time now.

magnum