Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 15:23:49 +0100
From: "Ian Onthax" <onthaxian@...sultant.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: What format is used to crack a vBulletin hash with a fixed 30 byte
 salt?

Hello all,

I am trying to use john to crack a vBulletin > 3.8.5 hash, which has a fixed 30 byte salt.

The version of john I am using is john-1.9.0-jumbo-1-win64

I've been searching and searching, and have seen tried using format types dynamic_6 and dynamic_7, also dynamic_1007

An example of the salt+hash I am trying to crack (changed of course):
50cff86a9fe4a3ccbc67e95272321dbe:_j&+jx^uzJ"S*gFn$k*s)&b=&0-~#7

I've tried replacing the colon with a percent sign and specifying the percent sign as the field separator, and keeping the colin as is.

No matter what I try, when I use --show:invalid the hash is returned as invalid.

What is the correct format to use to crack a vBulleting > 3.8.5 hash with a 30 byte fixed salt?

Thanks,
Ian