Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 09:35:43 +0100
From: Johny Krekan <krekan@...nykrekan.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Questions regarding password mask creation

Hello, I would like to ask
1. Is it possible to make mask in John which will define how many same
characters can be used in the same password candidate?
To make it clear:EWSA from Elcomsoft has following two options in their
mask attack:
Limit max number of occurences of a characters in a password where you
can specify a number andd limit number of consecutive occurences of the
same character in a password where you also can specify a number.
2. How can I compute total number of passwords when for example i will
try 6 character long passwords composed of small latin letters (in
normal situation 26^6) but I will force those skipping parameters and I
will set the number of consecutive occurences to 2 and limit use of same
character in password to 2 as well.
Thanx for informations
Johny Krekan