Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 17:58:10 +0200
From: Greg Burne <gburne@....co.za>
To: John <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Finding Password to Spareseimage

Hello everyone,

I have two sparseimage files which I would like to find the passwords to.

I have a very good idea on the structure of the password, special characters used, letters in upper and lower case and numbers, but just can’t workout the password I set. The password is also somewhere between 8 and 16 characters.

I have run dmg2john and have the hashes and I’m able to run ‘john file.txt’

I tried using crunch to create a wordlist, but it wants to create a file over a PB!

I'm working on a MacBook Air running Kali in VirtualBox.

I work with computers, am fairly competent on a shell and would greatly appreciate any assistance. I’m not sure on if I should be creating a wordlist, or going about it in another way.

Greg