Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 20:40:22 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GPUs not working

On 2019-10-15 19:23, Claudio André wrote:
> Em ter, 15 de out de 2019 às 13:23, Jacoby Veach <Jacoby@...werdirect.net>
> escreveu:
>
>> Testing zip-opencl(failed):
>> PS C:\Users\USER\Desktop\jkh\john-1.9.0-jumbo-1-win64\run\kernels> ../john
>> --test --format=zip-opencl
>> Device 1: Capeverde [AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series]
>> Benchmarking: ZIP-opencl, WinZip [PBKDF2-SHA1 OpenCL]... FAILED
>> (cmp_all(1))
 > (...)
>
> Off the top of my head, magnum has AMD boards. Maybe he can give you  a
> hint.

I only have the one in my Macbook. I've got the impression the macOS
driver/runtime for AMD is actually made by Apple and not AMD. Anyway
it's a "AMD Radeon Pro Vega 20 Compute Engine" and it works just fine
(with that particular format anyway).

Due to driver/runtime hell in all OS's, and some other problems, I can't
recommend using AMD cards for any serious cracking stuff.

magnum