Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 20:54:37 +0000 (UTC)
From: Dave Coleman <akira7799@...oo.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Rules for Known Password Structure

All,
I have the following known passwords:
ss15-vyp1wh1k1qeh82sm20-4d44qfek1zjnvsm26-hp3iibat127n6sm27-n6fqycthh3mcd
I would like to create a rule for these known passwords to find an unknown password, but don't know where to start.
I saw a prior post with these commmands:	const std::string one 	= "Ll";
	const std::string two 	= "o0";
	const std::string three	= all;
	const std::string four 	= all;
	const std::string five	= "-_";
	const std::string six	= all;
	const std::string seven	= all;
	const std::string eight	= "nN";However, I'm not sure where to edit/insert/create this text, or if this even proper syntax.
My thoughts for this rule:-18 characters total-lowercase s for the first character-lowercase s or m for the second character-numeric characters for characters 4 and 5-a '-' for character 5-lowercase letters and numbers for the remaining characters
Using the above as template with my rules, I hope it would go something like this:
const std::string one     = "s";const std::string two     = "sm";const std::string three   = "?d";const std::string four    = "?d";const std::string five    = "-";
const std::string six     = "?d?l";
const std::string seven   = "?d?l";
const std::string eight   = "?d?l";
const std::string nine    = "?d?l";
const std::string ten     = "?d?l";
const std::string eleven  = "?d?l";
const std::string twelve  = "?d?l";
const std::string thirteen= "?d?l";
const std::string forteen = "?d?l";
const std::string fifteen = "?d?l";
const std::string sixteen = "?d?l";
const std::string seventeen= "?d?l";
const std::string eighteen= "?d?l";
I've never coded/programmed and need some pointers on this front.  The documentation in the john.conf is helpful, but I don't know the next steps.  I don't know where to put this (or...if this is even right).
If anyone is able to lend a hand, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks so much for your time and cooperation,
Dave