Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 17:06:33 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Question for experienced cryptographers

Dear all,

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 11:59:11AM +0200, Johny Krekan wrote:
> Hello, I would like to ask whether someone of you (for example
> Solardesigner as a John author) could estimate what is the real security of
> an applications like Threema.

Please refrain from off-topic discussions here.  Where is the password
to crack in Threema?  If there isn't, then this is currently off-topic
for this list.  End of thread.

That said, we're considering adding support for cracking of some
non-password keys to JtR later - e.g., hashcat already has ability to
crack DES keys given a plaintext/ciphertext pair, and we might start
adding similar things too.  But even then, it'd be very different from
what's asked here.

Thanks,

Alexander