Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 19:52:03 +0200
From: Peter Farge <peterfarge@....de>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Session.rec file disappears

Hello,

I'm using john for saving sessions:
gdrive .... | gzip -d --stdout | john --session=ses --stdout --stdin |
aircrack-ng ... > ses.stdout 2> ses.stderr &
disown -a

The worlist is zipped on a Google Drive (gdrive tool). Because of
internet connection breakdown I put john in between. The file ses.rec
exists. I can logout and the next day log into my debian machine and see
the progress:
john --status=ses

But if the gdrive tool fails, the ses.rec file disappears. Error Msg:
gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file

What can I do?

Thanks

Peter