Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 16:22:23 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Disable specific SIMD features like AVX, AVX2, etc.

On 2019-06-24 15:55, Jonathan A wrote:
> I am aware of the option to run "./configure --disable-simd", but I
> understand that this disables all SID features. Is it possible to disable
> only specific features (specifically I'm interested in disabling all AVX
> features: AVX, AVX2, AVX512F, AVX512BW).

This will enable anything up to and including SSE-4.2 (but nothing
beyond it - the auto probing is disabled):

    ./configure --enable-simd=sse4.2

Likewise, "--enable-simd=sse2" will enable SSE2 but nothing beyond it,
and so on.

See also README-DISTROS for an extremely brief crash course in how to
make a fallback binary chain.

magnum