Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 08:56:33 +0000
From: Dudy Dudy <sunsawe@...mail.com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: zip2john fails to hash my zip file

Hello,

I followed your advice and could very easily produce an archive that presents the same problem.
Using 7zip's UI on Ubuntu, it's easy to create an archive with the following characteristics (mostly default values):

  *   Archive format: zip
  *   Compression level: Normal
  *   Compression method: Deflate
  *   Dictionary size: 32 KB
  *   Encryption method: AES-256

When running zip2john on the resulting file, I get a gigantic hash (several screens) and the final line is:
ver 81.9 7z2john.zip/7z2john.py is not encrypted, or stored with non-handled compression type

Does this help?
Is there a way to feed the original information to zip2john?