Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 01:17:24 +0200
From: "Vincent" <spam@...lab.nl>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: ZTEX: timeouts and optimizing?

Vincent wrote:
<SNAP>
>I'm playing with john and some ZTEX boards. Some unexpected errors are
>shown once in a while:
>
><cracking starts>
>..
>SN <removed>: Timeout.
>Found 1 device(s) ZTEX 1.15y
>SN: <removed> productId: 10.15.0.0 "inouttraffic JtR 1.8.x" busnum:1
>devnum:36
>..
><cracking continues>

Extra info: time-outs seem to be hash specific. Quick time-out errors (< 20s
after starting john) occur with e.g. phpass-ztex and sha256crypt-ztex. No
errors at all after a long run (> 30m) bcrypt-ztex. Lowering frequencies for
affected hash types doesn't help. Boards are well cooled, temperatures are
low.