Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 18:01:20 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GekkoScience NEWPAC (Dual BM1387) USB Stickminer (New 2PAC)

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 11:51:15AM -0500, Powen Cheng wrote:
> On this note, any FPGA that is currently useable with john?

Only ZTEX 1.15y (and its compatible clones), and only for 7 hash types
mentioned in:

https://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2018/10/12/1

> I look briefly
> and I wasn't able to determine which is better GPU or FPGA.

It depends.  For most purposes, you'd use GPU or/and sometimes CPU now.
For bcrypt and descrypt, you'd consider FPGA.  If you have those FPGAs
anyway, then you'd also use them for the remaining 5 hash types.

For your current attempts with Tezos, it's just GPU and CPU.

Alexander