Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 11:13:23 +0200
From: "Jeroen" <spam@...lab.nl>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Workaround for crash?

Running in single mode using a specific hash type, john crashes. I've
submitted an issue to GIT. For now I'm looking for a workaround.

Crashing command: ./john --single hashfile, where hashfile =
email:hash$salt.

If I run: cut -f1 -d: hashfile > tmp; ./john --rules:single --wordlist=tmp
--stdout; ./john hashfile --wordlist=tmp, will I get the same results?

Thanks,

Jeroen