Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 09:43:11 +0100
From: Lee Hutton <leehutton1983@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Questions regarding WPA Password audit

Hi Johnny,

For my own audits I use something very similar (uk based but run wordlists
of most European countries due to my work) to check the integrity of a
password, ide say that your measures would constitute a medium/strong
password if all attempts thus far have failed to return a positive result.

A lot of the time a passwords strength for me is also determined by the
company/organisation I’m auditing. If it’s a tech orientated company (or a
large well know corporation) then I push for a top end password strength
due to the nature of the business, for lesser known company’s or little to
no tech relation then a medium password suffices.

Hope this is of help

Lee Hutton