Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 18:32:14 +0200
From: CRO <enigmista1980@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Filevault2 volume without password

> Paste the steps you are following exactly.
>
> Give us a way to reproduce this problem on our end, and it will be likely fixed.

Thank you. I am on a ESXI virtual machine

# uname -r
4.15.0-kali2-amd64

# git clone https://github.com/libyal/libfvde.git
# cd libfvde
# ./synclibs.sh
# ./autogen.sh
# ./configure
# make
# cd fvdetools
# wget https://github.com/kholia/fvde2john/raw/master/fvde-1.raw.tar.xz
# tar -xvf fvde-1.raw.tar.xz
# kpartx -v -a fvde-1.raw
add map loop0p1 (254:0): 0 1048496 linear 7:0 40
# ./fvdeinfo -p dummy /dev/mapper/loop0p1
fvdeinfo 20180821

Unable to open: /dev/mapper/loop0p1.
libfvalue_utf8_string_with_index_copy_to_integer: unsupported character
value: 0x78 at index: 1.
libfvalue_utf8_string_copy_to_integer: unable to copy UTF-8 string to
integer value.
libfplist_property_get_value_integer: unable to convert value to integer.
libfvde_encrypted_metadata_read_type_0x001a: unable to retrieve logical
volume size.
libfvde_encrypted_metadata_read: unable to read metadata block type 0x001a.
libfvde_volume_open_read: unable to read primary encrypted metadata.
libfvde_volume_open_file_io_handle: unable to read from file IO handle.
info_handle_open_input: unable to open input volume.