Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 16:38:27 +0300
From: Александр Наумов <a.naumoff.z@...l.ru>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: partially forgotten kdbx pw / help recover partially known pw

Hello,

I'd like to ask for some help.
I used KeePass2 for some period of time, but now I can't remember my pw.

However, I know what it might contain.

The first part is known to me, its like ABC12 (3 capital letters and 2 numbers). I know this part.
Then there is one or two quite simple words like 'work', 'home', 'best', 'now' etc. No numbers are placed here, no capital letters.
The max length of the whole password is between 10 and 20 characters.
Generally it looks like ABC12bestwork OR ABC12worknow etc.
I generated the hash for the kdbx file and wanted to try this:
john --session=01 --mask=ABC12\u\u\u\u\u\u\u\u\u\u\ hashfile
and then create several (10) sessions for each.
The mask command didn't work for me, however there should be another way for such composite password.

Would you please help me recover my password.

Best regards and many thanks in advance.

--
Alexander