Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2018 22:51:16 +0300
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CMIYC 2018 online hash cracking competition, 9-11 August

Crack Me If You Can 2018 contest will be soon. It is a great
opportunity to practice hash cracking on interesting tasks.
It will be awesome!

  Scenario (from the contest site):
Oh no! Your site has been breached! A million of your users' password
hashes have been leaked. It's a good thing that you salted those
password hashes. But now, you need to know what your risk is. You need
to crack your own users' password hashes. So that you can inform the
users that their data is at risk. But, you are in an arms race with the
"bad guys". So, you better hurry. You only have 48 hours to complete
this effort.

  Start/end dates:
2018, August 10, 05:00 -- August 12, 05:00 UTC; 48 hours.

  The dates as shell command:
date --date='2018-08-09 10PM PDT' && LANG=C date --date='2018-08-11 10PM PDT'

  Tweet from the organizer:
https://twitter.com/CrackMeIfYouCan/status/1022906696375648256

  Detailed description and rules:
https://contest-2018.korelogic.com/

The contest is online and open for everyone. (To be called the winner,
one member of your team may need to attend DEFCON though.)

We are going to participate together as team john-users in the "Pro"
category. As usual, you are welcome to join us! Just email me. But be
quick, I will stop to accept inquiries 12 hours before the start.

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov