Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2018 13:46:13 +0300
From: Артур Зартдинов <arturzartdinov@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Unusual rar hash output

 I'm trying to crack a password from an old rar of mine. Whenever I run
rar2john on my archive I get a very strange output (
https://pastebin.com/hmN0iFNc) containing what looks like a rar3 hash and
lots of file directories inside the rar itself. Running john on the file
results in the "no password hash loaded" error. This doesn't seem to happen
to freshly created test rar files. I've tried both windows and bootable
ubuntu usb so far. Help is appreciated.