Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 04:53:11 -0700
From: Eric Oyen <eric.oyen@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: loading OS X hashes from Davegrohl

wonderful.

according to the website (that incidentally references open wall as well) the dscl command as issued should dump the salt and hash in a file in that order. it also seems to get a lot of other stuff (like hint, etc).

btw, I do know that the salt  is SHA512.

so, I am not sure what is going on. everything I try here seems to work, but the results don't conform to what john expects.

-eric

PGP fingerprint: 6DFB D6B0 3771 90F1 373E 570C 7EA2 1FF3 6B68 0386