Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 22:57:09 +0100
From: Piotr Dobrogost <2018@...obrogost.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Getting full performance out of multiple GPU's

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:59 PM, Adam Lininger <arlininger@...il.com>
wrote:

> Alexander,
>
> Thank you for the help. I believe I am properly using a GPU and the actual
> hashing is being done there. The nvidia-smi command seems to agree. Based

What gpu and memory utilization does nvidia-smi show in your case?

Below are some exemplary values of utilization when running
--format=gpg-opencl on 8 gpus:

utilization.gpu [%], utilization.memory [%]
13 %, 6 %
11 %, 4 %
13 %, 6 %
10 %, 4 %
75 %, 48 %
7 %, 3 %
13 %, 6 %
7 %, 3 %
utilization.gpu [%], utilization.memory [%]
7 %, 3 %
13 %, 6 %
7 %, 3 %
7 %, 3 %
0 %, 0 %
7 %, 3 %
7 %, 3 %
7 %, 3 %
utilization.gpu [%], utilization.memory [%]
7 %, 3 %
13 %, 6 %
13 %, 6 %
10 %, 4 %
0 %, 0 %
13 %, 6 %
13 %, 6 %
13 %, 6 %
utilization.gpu [%], utilization.memory [%]
13 %, 6 %
13 %, 6 %
7 %, 3 %
12 %, 5 %
47 %, 39 %
11 %, 6 %
13 %, 6 %
7 %, 3 %

These are rather low figures… Any idea why are they so low?
For comparison mining with https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/
results in both gpu and memory continuously utilized in 100%.

Regards,
Piotr