Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 21:48:11 +0800
From: noir maru <noirmaru@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: gpg2john working for symmetric encryption?

Hi,

wc export.hash returns:       1       1   16809 export.hash

the file only has one very long line, and it is going directly from the
output of gpg2john... is there another way than gpg2john export.tgz.gpg >
export.hash that I should be using to avoid corruption?

when running gpg2john there are some other errors I didn't notice.

Unknown string-to-key(s2k 166)

unknown version (90).

This file is encrypted with CAST5 according to gpg...

--format=gpg didn't make any difference...

I tested it on an AES gpg file and it works. It seems to be CAST5
specifically...

But I'm not expert in this.

cheers