Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 07:49:00 -0700
From: B B <dustythepath@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES error with --format=dmg-opencl

Magnum,

I have been experiencing some errors on startup, and also a decrease in p/s. Also I can no longer specify GWS on the command line as this causes an error also. Without declaring GWS I seem to have to wait out or make multiple attempts before the process proceeds without error.

Here are the errors:

OpenCL CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES error in common-opencl.c:1515 - WaitForEvents failed—this happens with or without specifying GWS

OpenCL CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES error in common-opencl.c:1820 - Error creating command queue— seems to happen randomly

I tried using GWS to get back the performance I had before the changes, which decreased by almost a third from 728 to 500.

The specifying of a GWS number worked well previously.
I figured that you would like to know about these errors regardless.

Thanks for your work!
Let me know if this should be/have been posted to GitHub

Bill