Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 14:52:40 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JohnTheRipper-bleeding-jumbo, OS X, and error during
 -test

On 2016-12-03 14:30, websiteaccess@...il.com wrote:
> My system OS X (sierra), iMac 27"
>
> I have successfully compiled John with latest version (JohnTheRipper-bleeding-jumbo)
>
> I did : ./john -test and get this error
>
> Full log (compilation  + john-test + error at http://pastebin.com/YRTs6rAz
>
> Benchmarking: gpg-opencl, OpenPGP / GnuPG Secret Key [SHA1 OpenCL]... OpenCL CL_INVALID_VALUE error in opencl_gpg_fmt_plug.c:300 - Copy result back
> iMac-de-xxx:run xxx$

I'm pretty sure it's caused by bug(s) in Apple's OpenCL runtime.
Sometimes I spend time working around these bugs but it's very hard and
tends to be a royal waste of time because new bugs are introduced at
every single software update.

You could try running Linux on that gear instead, with nvidia drivers.
That usually ends up with every single format working just fine.

magnum