Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 00:12:33 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Loading high number of hashes on GPU

On 2016-11-24 17:31, Luis Rocha wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 7:52 AM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
>> So maybe the current state of john.pot affects if it happens or not? I
>> will keep testing. Thanks!
>>
> Looks like is .pot related. With an empty pot it works great. I don't know
> the range it works but I know that in my system it doesn't move on with
> 257k hashes in the pot.

The problem is it's not likely the number of pot entries that matters,
but exactly what hashes remain uncracked. It might be hard for me to
find a set that triggers the problem. Could you please mail me that pot
file too? In case it contains anything sensitive (or just for saving
space) you can drop all cleartexts so all lines just ends with the ':'
after the hash. This should trigger the bug just the same (and you can
verify that).

Thanks
magnum