Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 20:00:05 +0100
From: Darren Wise <darren@...ecorp.co.uk>
To: john-users-group <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Clustering using OpenCL & MPI

I have asked something along these lines in the past, and yes you are right in thinking that you can compute OpenCL using CUDA but I'm sure I was told (a while back) that if I wanted to compute mixing both CUDA and CPU cores as a while this itself would not be possible but there is nothing stopping you fire up a process that uses the CPU cores on one process and the GPU cores on another.
Further more when launching CPU instances you would use say 4 if it was a quad core processor, but with the CUDA or OpenCL type one whole chip or chard would just be one instance..
That's IF I understood correctly what I was told and I would wait a little while for better clarification on the matter..