Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 07:29:30 +0100
From: Darren Wise <darren@...ecorp.co.uk>
To: john-users-group <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: JtR, MPI and CUDA+CPU core usage?

I've got a bit of a silly question here folks, nothing I have actually tried yet..
I have an MPIEXEC install of JtR, 10 nodes (48 CPU cores) I literally have just plonked in my first CUDA card and not even powered it on yet to install the nVidia drivers.
I am a little concerned, I will reinstall JtR on my MPIserver which uses Ubuntu 14.4LTS server install.. Of which I will include the flags for CUDA support...
I know this sounds really really stupid, but when as I have done launch -n 48 (48 threads to run on 48 CPU cores) do I now have to spawn -n (number of CPU and total number of GPU cores)
You can have a good giggle later on at me, trust me any help is much appreciated indeed with regards to this matter.
Kind regards.