Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 21:59:16 +0800
From: "zhouhang" <zh19940413@....qq.com>
To: "john-users" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: how to crack the plaintext passwords?

I would like to use the JTR to analysis some plaintext passwords .However, the analysis objects of JTR need to be cipher text (the hash files). It will report an error with“No password hashes loaded” when I give it a plaintext password. I can't fix it out and want to know how to solve this problem.

 I also want to know how to define a password which has been successfully cracked, for example, given the username and the corresponding plaintext passwords, how could I know whether my algorithm program can crack the password or not?

I'm wondering if you could kindly help me with these questions.Thanks very much!