Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 12:46:36 +0530
From: Harssh Mahajan <harssh@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PBKDF2-SHA1 3DES/AES

You could consider using large instances with per hour pricing on AWS
https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/ for more power, alternate to purchasing
hardware.

To speed up computation, run tasks in parallel and/or on multiple
instances, for varied lengths.

E.g.

   - Same instance - Thread 1 for 6-8 length, Thread 2 for 8-10 length and
   so on.
   - Multiple instance - Instance 1 for 6-8 length, Instance 2 for 8-10
   length and so on.