Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 09:34:50 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: DMG OpenCL problem with OSX Mavericks (was: Re: opencl
 error)

On 2015-11-04 06:06, noir maru wrote:
> I pulled the latest bleeding-jumbo and now /run/kernels/ is populated.
> I do however get segfault 11 when it runs. I can clear the *.bin and
> it runs, but it is extraordinarily slow.
>
> let me know if i can provide any further information.

Yes, the copy problem [affecting OSX only, using native sed(1)] was
fixed a couple days ago. I'm attributing the segfaults to OSX driver
bugs: The OSX drivers were good in late Yosemite (all of our formats
worked on all devices of my Macbook) but basically poor before and
after(!?) that. Finally, the poor speed is simply a property of your
GPU. If this hardware is what you've got, just run the CPU format instead.

magnum