Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 13:37:29 +0430
From: noir maru <noirmaru@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: opencl error

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 4:26 AM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:

> That's alright. I'm not sure what your problem is but I'll have a look at
> it.
>
> magnum

I followed a couple of tips you told me about last year when faced with a
similar segfault. At the time, the problem was resolved by some changes
that you made and I didn't do any of these things.

After copying the specified files from src/opencl etc. to ./run/kernels/
the segfault appears. Previously you suggested removing the kernel cache at
./kernels/*.bin
Then we could launch, but it would hang when running --format=dmg-opencl
another suggestion you had was reducing the GWS and LWS, so this is what I
did and here are the results.

if you have any tips, i would appreciate it.

user:src user$ rm ../run/kernels/*.bin
user:src user$ LWS=64 GWS=512 ../run/john --test --format=dmg-opencl
Will run 4 OpenMP threads
Device 1: Radeon HD 4870
Benchmarking: dmg-opencl, Apple DMG [PBKDF2-SHA1 OpenCL 3DES/AES]...
(4xOMP) DONE
Speed for cost 1 (iteration count) of 1000
Raw:    1673 c/s real, 28444 c/s virtual

user:src user$ ../run/john --test --format=dmg
Will run 4 OpenMP threads
Benchmarking: dmg, Apple DMG [PBKDF2-SHA1 128/128 SSSE3 4x 3DES/AES]...
(4xOMP) DONE
Speed for cost 1 (iteration count) of 1000
Raw:    7447 c/s real, 2552 c/s virtual