Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 18:54:20 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: nVidia Maxwell support (especially descrypt)?

On 2015-10-07 10:14, magnum wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>  wrote:
>> And of course we'll also need to include some LOP3.LUT S-boxes.
>> If Roman's are still unreleased (except for S4), then Janet's.
>
> FWIW the needed inline stuff is already present (and tested) and I just
> refactored it from lop3_lut() to lut3() like what's being used in
> Roman's s4.

I implemeted this in 9c82bcc, using DeepLearningJohnDoes's (a.k.a
Janet's) S-boxes except for s4. Boost appears to be in the order of 10%
for LM, 20% for DES. Is there any special place to look for more of
Romans's work?

BTW we now also use LOP3.LUT for many MD4, MD5 and SHA-2 OpenCL formats.
Some driver bug prevented me for using it in SHA-1 with nvidia 352.39
(the code is there, just disabled) and md5crypt disable it because of
performance regression (still to be investigated). Some formats show a
fine boost but none as much as DEScrypt.

magnum