Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 18:06:47 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: UTF support on nt-opencl format

On 26/09/15 17:30, magnum wrote:
> On 26/09/15 11:58, Luis Rocha wrote:
>> I just tried it out but due to some reason I get a error message
>> "Can't use
>> ?L placeholder without --internal-encoding" . Not sure what is wrong.
>
> You need to use a legacy codepage for internal encoding. UTF-8 is not a
> codepage, it's an encoding. The internal encoding stuff (it should be
> called --internal-codepage but that's too late now) relies on (...)

I now changed that option name to --internal-codepage, and made a
corresponding change to the john.conf default option. That's a much
better name. The old option names are still supported (and will be for a
long time).

BTW it's still "valid" to use --internal-codepage=utf8 but this merely
disables the functionality.

magnum