Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:31:56 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Johnny v2.2 released!

Hello john-users,

In the last 3 weeks, Shinnok and I worked hard to give you a new update to
mark the end of GSOC and the beginning of school. During this summer,
Johnny development went from being dead for 3 years to getting 3 new
releases with cool new features, a lot of code refactoring, improvements,
more platforms support and bug fixes. We are proud of that.

Here is what's new in the v2.2 release:
* Support for the new powerful jumbo attack modes : markov, prince,
mask and loopback to help you get better cracking results.
* Support for opening many new password file formats. You can now
convert them to john format and open them in Johnny with our *2john
support. It requires python and perl installed on your system.
* Export the password table view to CSV and colon separated password format.
* Validate JtR path and show JtR version.
* Various bug fixes

On our wiki, http://openwall.info/
<http://openwall.info/wiki/john/johnny>wiki/john/johnny
<http://openwall.info/wiki/john/johnny>, we provide an easy installer
and a .dmg which has been tested on Windows 7 and up and OS X
Mavericks and up. They may or may not work on older versions. For
older version of the previous operating systems as well as flavors of
Linux/BSD, source build is the best option. You have instructions in
the Wiki and the INSTALL distfile. It's pretty easy !

If you want to see the complete progress for our 3 versions this
summer, look at the changelog of v2.0, v2.1 and v2.2 :
https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/blob/master/CHANGELOG . Also, you
can tell us your feedback in this thread, they are valuable to us.

Johnny requires JtR to work. If you want to get access to all new
features and bugfixes, we recommend compiling the latest
1.8.0.6-jumbo-1 release available at
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/releases/tag/1.8.0.6-jumbo-1.
If you are a Windows user, you should compile John with Cygwin. On
older version of john core and jumbo, you won't get proper John
termination on Windows and the "show hash formats" feature.